Monday, May 1, 2017

Reviewing Artistry's Concealer Stick

I was always a big fan of concealers, since I have a lot of things to hide on my face. But I've tried some good ones and some bad ones, this is definitely one of the best concealers I've had in a while.

Artistry Concealer Stick 




I bought this concealer from Amway (https://www.amway-latvia.com/), since my mom signed me up there because she wanted to try some cleaning products and to see if they were any good at all, she needed some additional points for the purchase, so I got this concealer (in the shade light) and a little eyeshadow palette.
The concealer itself already looks glamorous - I love the gold and black theme in the packaging, it just looks very classy. The texture is thick and creamy, it's one of the thickest concealers I've used but it definitely does it's job.

It looks dark on my pale hands but on my face, especially when I've got my foundation on, it blends pretty well and it's not visible, it blends in well with my skin tone. At first, I thought - oh no, it's going to be too dark for me, but it was a very pleasant surprise that it wasn't. It blends in perfectly.
It covers the bags under my eyes really well, I really love using this concealer but again, I'm not a huge fan of the price - 18,96 euro for a concealer this small? (3,1g) Well, I still haven't used it up but I also don't use it every day.
Almost all of the ingredients of this concealer were rated "good" in the Paula's Choice CID (http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/), except one - BHT was rated average (http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/antioxidants/bht). I outlined this because it says that it has health concerns if consumed orally, but it's fine when it's on the skin - it doesn't penetrate the skin far enough to be absorbed into the bloodstream. So, if you have this concealer and have little children at home - please keep it out of reach from them. (I know you probably already do, but it's safe to remind people, right?!) I also have a little child at home, so I'll make sure that this product doesn't even get into her line of vision. 

(Disclaimer: I was almost finished with the review and found out that they don't sell this concealer on the Amway Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia site anymore, I have no clue why. You can still buy it on the American site but they change things a lot on their sites, it's confusing to me.)


Time for the rating system!
I created my own little rating system(0-10 point scale) so I could tell if the product is good or not and should I recommend it. So I have 5 categories for 2 points each and they are :
  1. Texture
  2. Packaging
  3. Does it work for me? 
  4. Price 
  5. Ingredients
Texture of the concealer gets 2 points, the lovely packaging gets 2 points, too, it works, so it has to have 2 points, the price gets 1 point and the ingredients get 1 point. I rate this concealer - 8/10!
I recommend it, if you can get your hands on it! 

Thank you for your time and have an amazing day!
Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment