Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Reviewing: H&M Micellar Water

Hello lovely people! Today I'm reviewing the H&M Micellar water. But let me tell you this - I don't think that H&M should do beauty products, I think they should have stayed where they belong - in the clothing industry. I don't think clothing brands invest as much time in their clothes as they do in their makeup, researching formulas and finding something that works. And I've read the reviews on H&M makeup, most of the reviews are "meh". I had one H&M lipstick, it was terrible. It was pigmented but it felt like something horrible is on my lips, it didn't feel right at all and it smeared everywhere. I wasn't even wearing it for an hour until I said - okay, I'm done. And the lipstick wasn't very cheap either. But, I've also read reviews that they do have some good makeup accessories. Like brushes and sponges. I might try a brush or two someday. But now, let's get into this review!

H&M Micellar Water


I've used lots of micellar water's and I still haven't found one that I really like and could stick to, so I decided to give this one a go. Too bad I didn't read the reviews beforehand!
But I did use it all. I really don't like wasting products, a thing my mom has taught me over the years and sometimes, when I look back, I think that maybe I should have just let go. 

The thing is - it says on the bottle that it is a mild makeup remover and it cleans and moisturises. I didn't really feel that clean or moisturized afterwards! When I opened the bottle, it smelled really weird to me. Like an ointment or some kind of medication. And it didn't feel like a mild remover, it felt really harsh on my eyes, even though, I always try to be as gentle as I can on my eyes. I always rinsed my eyes with water after removing makeup with this one. I also had to go in multiple times to get rid of my eye makeup, which usually isn't a problem since I just have an eyeshadow and an eyeliner on. I can get my eyemakeup off with makeup wipes much easier.

Now here's to the ingredients - out of the 9 ingredients, 2 of them are of poor quality.
One of them is PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides - it could be toxic to your non-reproductive organs. If you want to know more, here's an active link - https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/721824/PEG-6_CAPRYLIC%3B%3BCAPRIC_GLYCERIDES/
The other one is Chlorhexidine Digluconate - it's an irritant, it can react badly to your skin and it's toxic to aquatic animals. If you would like to know more, here's a link - 



Time for the rating system!
I created my own little rating system(0-10 point scale) so I could tell if the product is good or not and should I recommend it. So I have 5 categories for 2 points each and they are :
  1. Smell
  2. Packaging
  3. Does it work for me? 
  4. Price 
  5. Ingredients

The smell of the product is really bad, so no points there, but I'll give the packaging 2 points since I really like the minimalistic look. I'd say that this product didn't work for me, so again, no points here. The price was 5 euro for a 150ml bottle, I'll give a point (because the price isn't that bad) but I do think it's not worth the price! And because of the ingredients, it also gets 0 points.

So I rate the H&M Micellar Water 3/10!
I do think it's an adequate rating for this product, I really don't recommend buying it.

P.S. I've recieved a note saying that the newest Lookfantastic beauty box has arrived, so the next review will probably be about it, I'm really excited! And I hope you are too.

Thank you for your time and have a great day! :) 
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment