Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Reviewing Artistry's Signature Color Eyeshadow Quads

Hello lovelies! I've had some problems with my computer (or I'm rather clumsy), but I'm back with a new review and today I'm reviewing the Artistry's eyeshadow quads. In the previous post (http://review-bar.blogspot.com/2017/05/reviewing-artistry-concealer-stick.html) I've already told you how I got hold of this product. 

 Artistry Signature Color Eyeshadow Quads 


You can clearly see which one is my favorite shade!

Artistry really doesn't mess around with packaging, it looks really chic and I really like the gold and black combo. This eyeshadow quad also has got this tiny mirror which I don't personally use but it might be useful for someone who does their makeup outside their home.

This is the swatch - the lightest shade is on the top, then goes the rose gold, gold and the brown shimmer.
These shades are called "Spice Bronze". As you can see from the swatch, these are not that pigmented. And for the price of 39.58 euro (you can buy the quad without the mirror as a refill, it will cost 30 euros instead)  I expected a lot more. But they do stay in their place throughout the day, even without eye primer. I use the shimmery brown one a lot - I do my brows with it and it's an essential part of my every day look. The eyeshadows do blend nicely, though. But I've had better eyeshadows for less money. 
In my honest opinion, this is a basic product which does it's job (not perfectly, though) but is priced as a high-end product and the quality doesn't match the price at all. This is what I really dislike in this one, because the packaging makes it look so promising!
And now to the ingredient part : of the 13 ingredients, 1 is rated poor in the Paula's Choice ingredient dictionary, which is  LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA EXTRACT,(http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/lavender-extract-and-oil). The components of lavender oil can be damaging to your skin even on a very low concentration. And interestingly enough, there's a second ingredient, which isn't even mentioned in Paula's choice CID, which could mean that it's not widely used in cosmetics and really shouldn't be used at all and this is TIN OXIDE (http://sciencing.com/tin-oxide-uses-8125683.html). If it's commonly used to create custom glass, should I really be putting this on my face and especially, on my eyelids? I'm probably going to have rethink using this every day. 
But if you still want to buy it - it is available in the Amway Latvia store in all sorts of shades. Since I was a member, I got it for a cheaper price of 39,58 euro but on the website it says that for reselling it costs a bit more - 54.50 eur and the refill eyeshadow quad (only the quad, without the mirror) costs 40,73 eur. If you want to spend 50 euro for an eyeshadow, I'd rather recommend you go to your nearest Urban Decay store! (In Latvia we only have one but hey, at least we have it!)

Time for the rating system!
I created my own little rating system(0-10 point scale) so I could tell if the product is good or not and should I recommend it. So I have 5 categories for 2 points each and they are :
  1. Texture
  2. Packaging
  3. Does it work for me? 
  4. Price 
  5. Ingredients
The texture gets one point, packaging gets 2 points, it kind of works for me, so I have to give a point here, the price gets 0 and the ingredients get 0 points. I rate Artistry's Signature Color Eyeshadow Quads 4/10!
The lowest score any product has gotten here but I think it's well deserved!

Thank you for your time and have an amazing day! :)
Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment