Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Explaining my absence and reviewing: Lookfantastic beauty box May 2017

Hello lovely people! I'm back after a 3 week break from the beauty blogging world. It wasn't intentional - I had some "technical" difficulties (I accidentally spilled coffee all over my laptop and ruined it & I accidentally cracked my iPhone screen). Since my boyfriend got himself a new computer, being the sweetheart that he is, he gave me his old one. It's in a better condition than my old one ever was, I hope I won't screw this up! 😀 But chit-chat aside - here's the review you've been waiting for.

 Lookfantastic Beauty Box May 2017


This month's theme is "Get the glow" and the box is themed to make your body, face and hair glow effortlessly. 


As usual, you get the Beauty Box magazine and your complimentary Elle May 2017 issue.



And here are the goodies. I made the picture a bit bigger, so you could actually see what's what. 

1. James Read H20 Gradual Tan Mist (30ml) 
This mist is supposed to make your face gradually more tan. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, I can't see a difference at all. But then again, I've always been naturally pale, maybe that's why I can't see anything yet. But I'm still pretty interested in using it - maybe at the end of summer, my face will get a bit more tan (hopefully!) but we'll see. If it works, I'll definitely update you!

2. System Professional Solar Sun Oil (30ml/full size) 
This oil is supposed to protect your hair from UV damage and pollution and it should reduce frizz. As I've already told you guys, I use my Matrix Oil with Indian Amla (http://review-bar.blogspot.com/2017/04/reviewing-matrix-oil-wonders-indian-amla.html), but I decided to change my hair routine a little bit - I replaced the Matrix Oil with this one to see better effects on my hair. I really didn't know what to expect but I didn't expect my hair to turn very oily. I usually have to wash my hair every 5-6 days, but the next day after using this oil, I felt like I need to wash my hair again. The second time, when I didn't apply it to wet hair - my hair didn't feel any different but the smell was pretty great. I think I'll give it a bit more time. 


3. GLOV Hydro Demaquillage (one little finger glove)
This little glove is made from hypoallergenic fibres, it is a gentle makeup remover (you can also just cleanse your face with it).  You shouldn't use it more than 3 months in a row. You put the little glove on your finger, add water and then do whatever - clean your face or remove your makeup. I was really really excited to try a product like this and it's great! I really really love it. It does remove all of my eye makeup in one go but you do have to use it sparingly, then, if you need more cleansing - wash it with soap, add water and clean your makeup off again. It would be a hassle to remove lots of makeup, but for removing an every day look - it's great. I also have this soap that is meant for babies - it cleans the little glove perfectly!

4. Mellow Baked Eyeshadow in Peach (full size)
You could have got this baked eyeshadow in either a Cream or a Peach shade. I got the Peach one, pink tones usually don't look very good on my pale skin, but this shadow is really shimmery and bright, it actually gives me a light flush and I really like how it looks on me as a highlighter and also as an eyeshadow. Oh, and it's very pigmented, I was really surprised, since I wasn't the biggest fan of the Mellow lipsticks. 

5. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-minute Peel 
This peel has got a blend of proteins which helps with removing dead skin cells from your face. It really does work - I had to massage the peel into my skin and after  a few seconds, I saw my own skin coming off - it was really weird. But this is why I usually don't like skin care products in beauty boxes - the packaging is too small, I can't even understand if I liked it or not - this peel lasted me one time and after only a one time of using anything - you can't understand if it works for you or not. I need at least 3-5 times to really know if I like a product that much or no.

6. NuFACE Prep-N-Glow Dual-sided Cloth (1 cloth)
This cloth has 2 sides, with one you clean your face and then you use the second side to exfoliate and hydrate your skin. The microdots in the exfoliating part felt a bit rough on my face, it didn't feel as clean, as I'd thought. It actually felt like little tiny rocks were brushing against my face. And again - it only had one cloth, I can't really see the effect but the next day I did feel brighter. 

7. Scrub Love Coconut Cranberry Body Scrub (100ml)
This scrub is meant to brighten up your skin and that's what it does - it brightens, softens and makes you feel like a million bucks! The ingredients are natural, the smell is amazing. I do feel a bit oily afterwards but I don't mind. I looove this scrub. It's a bit more grainy than I expected but it does it's job well!

I won't be having a rating system for the beauty boxes but I can tell you that I liked 5 out of the 7 products in general. And this is one of the rare beauty boxes, where I'll be using all 7 products. This box is really good. I hope June's box will bring me something new to try, like the little finger glove!

You can subscribe to the Lookfantastic Beauty Box here - (https://www.lookfantastic.com/offers/beauty-box.list)

Thank you for your time and have an amazing day! :) 
Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment