Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Reviewing: Matrix Oil Wonders Indian Amla

Hello lovelies! I'm back with a yet another post and this time it's about haircare. A little backstory about my hair: I went to a hairdresser last July with my damaged hair and she cut my hair so short, I actually cried. Yes, of course, it was damaged, but the way she cut it... The new cut did not look good on me, I looked like I came straight from the 70's. And my hair doesn't grow fast at all, so you could imagine how upset I was. I even ordered a wig! I don't use it anymore since my hair has grown since then but I did use it for a while. And I do think this oil helped my hair a whole lot.

Matrix Oil Wonders Indian Amla Strenghtening Oil


I got this oil from Lookfantastic, as a Beauty Box winner, on September 2016. I also got other Matrix Oil Wonders products as well. The whole box was delivered to my house on September 26th. 
This is what I recieved as a Loofantastic September 2016 Beauty Box winner :) 


I was so excited to try all the hair-care things I got, I tried this oil the same day. When I first applied the oil to my hair, it smelled so good. It had a mellow, sweet scent and it smells good on the hair throughout the day. 
On the bottle it says: "Pump to prime, apply 1-2 pumps before shampooing, during conditioning or as a finishing treatment." 
I usually shampoo and condition my hair, then I wrap my hair in a towel, let them dry for a few minutes. Then I pump the Matrix oil (I do 3-4 pumps because my hair is really thick) and apply it to my hair  BUT I only put the oil in the middle section of my hair and the ends, I don't apply it to my scalp/roots. Then I let my hair air-dry and when they're dry, I feel like a silky smooth goddess. My hair has grown a lot over these past months and I do think some credit has to go to this oil that helps them stay healthy and shiny.
And you really don't need much of it - I've been using the oil religiously since the end of September and I still have more than a half of the bottle left.
And now for the ingredients... The Matrix oil has 18 ingredients and 6 of them are rated "poor" on Paula's Choice Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary (http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/) and they are : Alcohol Denat, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-isomethyl Ionane, Limonene, Linalool (you can find all of them in the link provided above). At first, I thought it looked unacceptable and that I would have to dismiss the product since 30% of the ingredients are rated "poor" but I realized that they all were mostly "poor" because they were heavily scented and not meant for very sensitive skin. For a skincare product that would be considered "poor", but since this is a hair-care product - it shouldn't be near your scalp anyway. There is also a product rated "BEST" which is Phyllantus Embica Fruit Extract (http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/phyllanthus-emblica-fruit-extract) -  that is an antioxidant and soothes the skin. 
For  €14.95 (on Lookfantastic) you get 125 ml of the product.

Time for the rating system!
I created my own little rating system(0-10 point scale) so I could tell if the product is good or not and should I recommend it. So I have 5 categories for 2 points each and they are :
  1. Smell
  2. Packaging
  3. Does it work for me? 
  4. Price 
  5. Ingredients

Matrix Oil Wonders Indian Amla gets 2 points for the smell, 2 points for packaging, does it work for me - 2 points, 2 points for the price and 1 point for the ingredients. 
I rate it a 9/10!
I think it's a great price for the amount of product you get and overall I really recommend you try it if your hair is brittle, in a bad shape or you just want to give a little love to your hair. It's one of the best products I've used on my hair. 

Thank you for your time, have an amazing day! :)
Laura




1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! Have you tried that Nuxe product?

    ReplyDelete