Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Reviewing: Limecrime's Matte Velvetines (liquid lipsticks)

Hello cuties and welcome back to my second blog post! This week I have some pretty lipstick shades to show you.

Limecrime Matte Velvetines




I got these lipsticks online from Limecrime's official website (https://www.limecrime.com/) on September of 2016 and I have been loving most of them since then. The shades are : Teddy Bear, Raven, Squash and Marshmallow. The problem with buying things online, that you haven't tried or swatched, is that you don't really know if it is a good fit for you or not. I would love it if companies who do sell their products mainly online, would have them not only in full size but also a travel size, so I wouldn't have to buy the full product and then find out that it wasn't a good fit for me, and just throw it out or find someone who wants it.
Since Limecrime is a vegan and cruelty free company, I expected to have some good ingredients and I wasn't disappointed when I researched them. My main research was done on Paula's Choice Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary (http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/). All ingredients were marked "good" and the intriguing part was that all the lipsticks have sunscreen agents, which means that your lips are well protected from the sun's UBV rays.

Here is a little swatch on my pale skin.
The lipsticks smell wonderful, they a sweet candy scent but Teddy Bear (which is a collaboration with Melanie Martinez), in my opinion, has the strongest smell of all.

The colors are much darker than I thought they would be - especially Raven. It looks almost black, if I went out wearing this lipstick, people would probably think I'm wearing a black lipstick not a dark purple one. I also expected Marshmallow to be more pink on me but I  realized that my lips are naturally darker, so the lipstick will look a bit darker on me than on others.

The wand of all of them is very soft, and the lipsticks are rich in pigment. But you do have to put a layer more on the darker shades (Teddy Bear and Raven)  because one side may look a little lighter than the other. Marshmallow felt a little sticky on my lips when I first applied it but I might have put on too much of it.
One lipstick tube is 2,6 ml and it costs 18,73 euro (from the Limecrime website) and they might look small, but I do think that it's enough for a year or so. I've been using Squash loads of times since September, I still haven't run out. The thing I don't like is the shipping cost from the website, other than that, I think it's an ok price for the products.
The lipsticks have a matte finish but it takes a moment for them to become matte - I'd say give them 5 minutes or so.
Time for the rating system! 
I created my own little rating system(0-10 point scale) so I could tell if the product is good or not and should I recommend it. So I have 5 categories for 2 points each and they are :
  1. Smell
  2. Packaging
  3. Does it work for me? 
  4. Price 
  5. Ingredients
Limecrime velvetines get 2 points for the sweet scents, 1 point for the packaging, does it work for me - 1 point, the price gets 1 point and the ingredients get 2 points.
I rate them a 7/10!  I would recommend you try them. They have loads of different shades and right now they are having a sale on some of their beautiful shades, including Teddy Bear and Squash. (https://www.limecrime.com/categories/sale)

Thank you for your time and have a great day! :)
Laura

3 comments: