Thursday, April 20, 2017

Reviewing: Lookfantastic Beauty Box April 2017

Hello lovelies and welcome back to my blog! The review is going to be a little different this time - I'm reviewing one of the best beauty boxes (in my opinion) out there. I bought my first Lookfantastic beauty box on July 2016, when I finally decided to try out some new things and to get out of my comfort zone. I've been subscribed to the beauty box ever since. :) Sure, it is buying a "cat in the bag" because you don't know if the products will work on your skin type, hair type or if you will ever even use them, but I do think it's worth the price. Especially if you buy them for a year (it's cheaper!)

Lookfantastic Beauty Box April 2017

This month's theme is Natural Beauty, so you can be sure that these products will make your natural beauty shine.





As per usual, with the beauty box, you also get your complimentary Elle April 2017 magazine and your little beauty magazine from Lookfantastic!

1. Merci Handy Hand Cleansing Gel (30ml)
This seems like a really great cleansing gel, it smells wonderful (mine smells like Black Vanilla) and it dries on your hands so fast! At first, there's a strong alcohol scent but after some seconds you don't even smell it anymore. I think it's a pretty great addition to the box. 

2. Vitamasques Pomegranate Sheet Mask (one mask)
It's a Korean mask, which I do love since I've heard nothing but good things about their skincare rituals (and Korean women look great too!) but it is a little annoying to put a sheet mask on your face for 20 minutes. I did put on a tv show in the background but it was a bit hard to focus because it felt like the mask was moving a bit around my face and I had to make sure that the mask doesn't cover my eyes (it didn't but sure felt like it). But after those 20 minutes, I took off the mask and my skin felt oily and like I needed to clean it but the instructions said that I should tap my face with a towel and that's it, so that is what I did. For the rest of the night I did feel moisturized and my skin felt a bit tightened but I do think that to see the full effects, you should put it on more than once. 

3. Madara Smart Day Cream (20ml)
It was very awesome to see that a Latvian (my home country) company made the cut on Lookfantastic's beauty box. Since I've already used some Madara products, I know that they do work. The day cream feels very firming on my skin but it's meant more for dry or very dry skin, I have a combination type but I still feel like this works for me,too. It feels a bit thick for a day cream but maybe I'm just applying too much of it.

4. Omorovicza Cleansing Foam (25ml)
It says that it's a cleansing foam but it doesn't foam up. Believe me, I've tried to make it foam! I used it after I removed my makeup with micellar water and it made my face feel clean and fresh. 

5. Alterna Caviar CC Cream (25ml)
This cream promises to perfect hair in 10 different ways and those are - moisture, shine, smoothness, softness, UV protection, manageability, strength, anti-breakage, heat protection and light hold. I put it on my hair after washing it but I really didn't feel the perfection it promised. My hair had more volume and I looked like a lioness. Maybe I should've styled my hair, maybe that looks good if you style it, but not on air dried hair. I really didn't like the effect, I felt disappointed in this product. It also has a "citrussy" smell that I'm not a fan of.

6. Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Foundation (1.8 g)
This foundation was in the shade "Fair", but it was a bit too dark for my pale skin. But I did try it on myself anyway and it has great coverage. But I wouldn't know how it holds up through the day - I took it right off. This kind of saddens me, because I really looked forward to the foundation but I shouldn't be surprised - most light foundations are still not light enough for me. But I do know a person that I'll be giving this to :) 

7. This Works Pefect Legs Skin Miracle (10ml)
This is a tinted serum for your legs, it looks a bit like a fake tan but it's a lot lighter. At first, I was totally not into it, since I am really pale but if you apply just a small amount, it just makes your legs look shinier. But I don't think I'll be buying the full size, though.

I won't be having a rating system for the beauty boxes but I can tell you that I liked 5 out of the 7 products in general. But I have 4 that I will use up (since the Laura Geller foundation is too dark and I'll be giving it away). I really liked this month's products but I hope that May will bring us some more makeup!

You can subscribe to the Lookfantastic Beauty Box here - (https://www.lookfantastic.com/offers/beauty-box.list)

Thank you for your time and have a great day! :)
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment